If your are wondering how to increase dopamine levels, this post can be helpful for you. Low Dopamine levels can lead to a lack of motivation, fatigue, addictive behavior, mood swings and memory loss.
There are about 86 billion neurons in our brain to communicate with each other through the brain chemicals called neurotransmitters.
Dopamine is the main neurotransmitter which is a key factor in the productivity of motivation and focus.
It is the dopamine that gives the enthusiasm for life. Unfortunately, lifestyle habits, diet and diseases can deplete your dopamine, and exhausting the joy of your life.
If You are not living life to the fullest, it is more likely that you have a low level of dopamine. You need to increase dopamine secretion.
Low Dopamine Symtopms
If you have low dopamine, you would have little joy for life, you would run out of energy and motivation, and you would often trust caffeine, sugar or other stimulants to get through your day.
Here It is a list of the most common dopamine deficiency symptoms.
- Lack of motivation
- Low libido
- Difficulty to connect with others
- Memory Loss
- Sleep problem
- Inability to complete the task
People with low levels of Dopamine are more likely to indulge in self-destructive behaviors like addiction.
Excessive consumption of Caffeine, Alcohol, Sugar, Drugs, shopping, video games, etc are effective, but temporary dopamine boosters. Read more
How to Increase Dopamine Naturally?
There are many ways to increase dopamine naturally.
- Dopamine has been called the Motivational molecule that increases your momentum, focus, and concentration. It allows you to plan ahead and resist the impulses so that you can achieve your goals.
- Dopamine takes care of your pleasure reward system allows you to experience feelings of joyful happiness and even euphoria.
- Very little dopamine can leave you out of focus and unmotivated, lethargic, and even depressed.
- Dopamine is so critical to the motivation that dopamine deficient laboratory mice lack the motivation to eat without dopamine, and choose to go hungry even when food is easily available.
There are many healthy proven ways to increase dopamine naturally. It is made of the amino acid tyrosine which is commonly found in rich proteins. Foods that are high in tyrosine will make sure you have the basics building blocks needed for dopamine Synthesis
The health of your intestinal flora affects your production of neurotransmitters.
An overabundance of bad bacteria leave toxic by-products in the body called lipopolysaccharides that destroy brain cells.
Foods to avoid if you want to increase dopamine.
There are some foods to avoid
(It has been found to increase dopamine but this is
an unhealthy temporary boost that is more
like the drug, and ultimately
contributes to the dopamine deficiency).
2. Aspartame (an artificial sweetener found in Coke zero)
3. High Saturate fat diet.
Healthy Lifestyle Habits that can Help Increasing Dopamine.
you can read this book on exercise benefits
Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
2. Meditation– There are more than 1000 studies that prove meditation help in deep relaxation. it has been observed that meditation increases dopamine, improves concentration. click here to see books on meditation.
3. Creative hobbies – All kinds of hobbies, including sewing, drawing, woodworking, painting, bring you in a meditative state. These activity reduces depression, and protect the brain from brain aging.
4. Music– Listening to music also helps in the release of dopamine.
5. Having a pet– if you are thinking to have a dog then this is the best reason to have one. playing with a pet can give you and your pet a boost in dopamine.
6. Sleep– taking 7-8 hour sleep help improving dopamine level. Research suggests a lack of sleep can reduce the number of dopamine receptors.
7. Cold shower– Taking a cold shower can increase dopamine substantially. this is very hard to do but the result is worth doing. It can increase your dopamine level by up to 250%.
8. Completing small tasks– this is one of the best ways to increase dopamine levels when we complete a task our brain flooded with dopamine. and vice versa. so select carefully, break down the task if it is difficult or start the day with the comparatively easy task.
There are many ways to disrupt the healthy levels of dopamine, but following a healthy lifestyle and knowing what to do if you feel like you have low levels of dopamine, then you can take care of yourself. There are so many people who don’t even realize that they have this issue. Keeping yourself updated regarding the research on health or even having basic knowledge about our body is sufficient. Add some of the healthy lifestyle habits into your life and see the results yourself.